Mpls court case Kathy Messerli (29 Oct 2018 17:09 UTC)
RE: Mpls court case Drewlo, Bekki (29 Oct 2018 17:15 UTC)
Re: Mpls court case Fraser, Mary Jane (29 Oct 2018 18:55 UTC)
Re: Mpls court case Jay (29 Oct 2018 19:00 UTC)
RE: Mpls court case Austin Figge (05 Nov 2018 18:14 UTC)

Re: Mpls court case Fraser, Mary Jane 29 Oct 2018 18:55 UTC
Thanks for sharing Kathy
Mary

Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone

------ Original message------
From: Kathy Messerli
Date: Mon, Oct 29, 2018 12:09 PM
To: MHCABOD@list.mnhomecare.org;
Cc: Mandy Rubenstein;
Subject:Mpls court case

I did some follow-up research on the Mpls minimum wage issue that was raised at the board meeting. I had communicated with the MN Council of Non-Profits who is working on this and just clarified with the presenter from the City of Mpls. We will ensure members have this information by including this in the Informer also!

I was informed that the court case regarding enforcement for employers who are based outside of Mpls is for sick & safe leave ONLY and not for minimum wage. Below is the message I received from the City of Mpls staff who spoke at our conference last week:

"It is true that there is ongoing litigation regarding "extra-territoriality" for Sick and Safe Time but not for Minimum Wage.  "Extra-territoriality" refers to enforcing the ordinance against an employer located outside the City of Minneapolis.  Here is where it stands: there is currently an injunction in place that says the Department cannot enforce the Sick and Safe Time ordinance against an employer that does not own or rent any property in Minneapolis.  The matter is currently on appeal at the Minnesota Court of Appeals.  We do not have timeline for the litigation, so we cannot predict exactly when the Court of Appeals might issue its ruling. (If you would like to receive e-mail updates, you may sign up for them here<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MPLS/subscriber/new?topic_id=MPLS_399>.)

There is no corresponding injunction/litigation on the Minimum Wage Ordinance."

I have signed up for the email updates and we will keep members posted on this.

Kathy Messerli
Executive Director | Minnesota HomeCare Association

2550 University Ave. W.,  Ste. 350 S | St. Paul, MN 55114-1900
Direct: 651.635.0038 | Main: 651.635.0607
Toll-free: 866.607.0607 | Fax: 651.635.0043
www.mnhomecare.org<http://www.mnhomecare.org/> | kmesserli@mnhomecare.org<mailto:kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>

Mission: MHCA represents and supports Minnesota home care providers committed to high quality home care services.

Vision: MHCA will shape the home care landscape to improve and sustain quality home care services.

[cid:29F09121-811E-48A8-BA2B-4BB8A43BA69A@ncg.local]

This message contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.