RE: elder abuse talking points V2 Kathy Messerli (22 Feb 2018 14:46 UTC)
RE: elder abuse talking points V2 Susan Morgan (22 Feb 2018 14:54 UTC)
Re: elder abuse talking points V2 Hespe, Linda J (22 Feb 2018 17:04 UTC)
Re: elder abuse talking points V2 Usset, Jan L (22 Feb 2018 17:30 UTC)
RE: elder abuse talking points V2 Austin Figge (22 Feb 2018 21:21 UTC)
Re: elder abuse talking points V2 Jay (22 Feb 2018 21:30 UTC)

Re: elder abuse talking points V2 Usset, Jan L 22 Feb 2018 17:30 UTC
Approve

Sent on the new Sprint Network

----- Reply message -----
From: "Kathy Messerli" <kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>
To: "MHCABOD@list.mnhomecare.org" <MHCABOD@list.mnhomecare.org>
Subject: elder abuse talking points V2
Date: Thu, Feb 22, 2018 9:46 AM

My apologies for doubling back on this. I received delayed input from a SME (subject matter expert) on the talking points and thought I should send this updated version for approval. If you have already replied and continue to support this statement, you do not need to respond again. Thanks - and my apologies for the confusion. I left the changes in red for your convenience.

1. We support zero tolerance for client abuse (elders and others).
2. We believe there are opportunities for improving regulation regulatory enforcement without significantly driving up the cost or reducing access to health care.
3. We support the process enhancement that is being implemented within OHFC including coordination and consistency with the MAARC system.
4. We believe it would be wise to start with focus on ensuring existing laws designed to protect home care clients, their families and providers are being enforced (e.g. timely surveys).
5. It is important to engage providers in the discussions related to program integrity and enforcement and, in doing so, remembering home care providers already embody and provide the dignified cares so necessary to those so vulnerable in Minnesota.

Kathy Messerli
Executive Director | Minnesota HomeCare Association

2550 University Ave. W.,  Ste. 350 S | St. Paul, MN 55114-1900
Direct: 651.635.0038 | Main: 651.635.0607
Toll-free: 866.607.0607 | Fax: 651.635.0043
www.mnhomecare.org<http://www.mnhomecare.org/> | kmesserli@mnhomecare.org<mailto:kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>

Mission: MHCA represents and supports Minnesota home care providers committed to high quality home care services.

The MHCA Board has approved not making an official statement regarding the Elder Abuse Report. As Austin pointed out, legislators may ask our members about it at Day at the Capitol so we have drafted talking points that can be used should that occur. Please indicate your approval of the following: Thanks so much!!

MHCA has not made a public statement regarding the Elder Abuse Report. We are monitoring the activity and the impact on services being offered in private homes.

1. We support zero tolerance for client abuse (elders and others).
2. We believe there are opportunities for improving regulation without significantly driving up the cost or reducing access to health care.
3. We support the process enhancement that is being implemented within OHFC.
4. We believe it would be wise to start with ensuring existing laws are being enforced (e.g. timely surveys).
5. It is important to engage providers in the discussions related to program integrity and enforcement.

Kathy Messerli
Executive Director | Minnesota HomeCare Association

2550 University Ave. W.,  Ste. 350 S | St. Paul, MN 55114-1900
Direct: 651.635.0038 | Main: 651.635.0607
Toll-free: 866.607.0607 | Fax: 651.635.0043
www.mnhomecare.org<http://www.mnhomecare.org/> | kmesserli@mnhomecare.org<mailto:kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>

Mission: MHCA represents and supports Minnesota home care providers committed to high quality home care services.

Vision: MHCA will shape the home care landscape to improve and sustain quality home care services.

[2018 AM]<http://www.mnhomecare.org/annualmeeting>

This message contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.