elder abuse talking points Kathy Messerli (21 Feb 2018 15:37 UTC)
RE: elder abuse talking points Drewlo, Bekki (22 Feb 2018 00:04 UTC)
Re: elder abuse talking points Jay (22 Feb 2018 01:18 UTC)
Re: elder abuse talking points Judy Giel (22 Feb 2018 03:44 UTC)
Re: elder abuse talking points Usset, Jan L (22 Feb 2018 12:56 UTC)

Re: elder abuse talking points Usset, Jan L 22 Feb 2018 12:56 UTC
I agree.

Sent on the new Sprint Network

----- Reply message -----
From: "Kathy Messerli" <kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>
To: "MHCABOD@list.mnhomecare.org" <MHCABOD@list.mnhomecare.org>
Subject: elder abuse talking points
Date: Wed, Feb 21, 2018 10:37 AM

The MHCA Board has approved not making an official statement regarding the Elder Abuse Report. As Austin pointed out, legislators may ask our members about it at Day at the Capitol so we have drafted talking points that can be used should that occur. Please indicate your approval of the following: Thanks so much!!

MHCA has not made a public statement regarding the Elder Abuse Report. We are monitoring the activity and the impact on services being offered in private homes.

1. We support zero tolerance for client abuse (elders and others).
2. We believe there are opportunities for improving regulation without significantly driving up the cost or reducing access to health care.
3. We support the process enhancement that is being implemented within OHFC.
4. We believe it would be wise to start with ensuring existing laws are being enforced (e.g. timely surveys).
5. It is important to engage providers in the discussions related to program integrity and enforcement.

Kathy Messerli
Executive Director | Minnesota HomeCare Association

2550 University Ave. W.,  Ste. 350 S | St. Paul, MN 55114-1900
Direct: 651.635.0038 | Main: 651.635.0607
Toll-free: 866.607.0607 | Fax: 651.635.0043
www.mnhomecare.org<http://www.mnhomecare.org/> | kmesserli@mnhomecare.org<mailto:kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>

Mission: MHCA represents and supports Minnesota home care providers committed to high quality home care services.

Vision: MHCA will shape the home care landscape to improve and sustain quality home care services.

[2018 AM]<http://www.mnhomecare.org/annualmeeting>

This message contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.