Re: FYI- bad press Fowler, Lisa 24 Feb 2016 14:25 UTC

Agreed!!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2016, at 1:21 PM, Austin Figge <austinf@prhomecare.com<mailto:austinf@prhomecare.com>> wrote:

LOL!  The state pays the company $17 and pays the PCA $10.50 and pockets the rest (and buy an island with the difference).  Absolutely no concept of fringe costs or overhead costs.  How many times are they going to beat us down with Crystal Care?  They fail to mention all the free services likely provided by CC due to them not being able to collect from the payers.

Austin Figge, RN
Prairie River Home Care, Inc.

From: list-manager@list.mnhomecare.org<mailto:list-manager@list.mnhomecare.org> [mailto:list-manager@list.mnhomecare.org] On Behalf Of Kathy Messerli
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:51 PM
To: MHCABOD@list.mnhomecare.org<mailto:MHCABOD@list.mnhomecare.org>; vickigerrits@accracare.org<mailto:vickigerrits@accracare.org>
Cc: Rebecca Swanson <rswanson@mnhomecare.org<mailto:rswanson@mnhomecare.org>>
Subject: FYI- bad press

I want to alert you to an article that was published in a small publication yesterday.

Workday Minnesota is a project of the Labor Education Service at the University of Minnesota. Workday began publishing in the summer of 2000 with support from Minnesota's labor community. It was the first on-line labor news publication in the United States.

http://www.workdayminnesota.org/articles/home-health-care-workers-cheated-out-hard-earned-pay

We do not anticipate that this will be picked up by larger media but it is possible. We do suspect that legislators may see this. If you see it getting broader coverage, please let me know. Thanks!!

Warm Regards,

Kathy Messerli
Executive Director | Minnesota HomeCare Association
1711 West County Road B, Suite 211S, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55113
D: 651.635.0038  |  P: 651.635.0607  |  T: 1.866.607.0607  |  F: 651.635.0043
www.mnhomecare.org<http://www.mnhomecare.org/>  |  kmesserli@mnhomecare.org<mailto:kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>

ALERT: As of Feb. 26, 2016, MHCA offices will be located at 2550 University Ave W, Ste. 350S, St. Paul, MN 55114-1900.

Mission: MHCA represents and supports Minnesota home care providers committed to high quality home care services
Vision: MHCA will shape the home care landscape to improve and sustain quality care services

MHCA supports Best Life Alliance<http://www.arrm.org/ARRM/Advocacy/Best_Life_Alliance.aspx>

[Compassion, Excellence, Reliability]<http://bhhc.co/BAYemail_site>

[Facebook]<http://bhhc.co/BAYemail_fb> [Twitter] <http://bhhc.co/BAYemail_tw>  [LinkedIn] <http://bhhc.co/BAYemail_LI>  [YouTube] <http://bhhc.co/BAYemail_yt>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain information belonging to BAYADA and is protected by law. Do not forward, copy, or otherwise disclose to anyone unless permitted by BAYADA or required by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately.