Chris Serres' latest article - today - seeking input Katherine Messerli (14 Dec 2014 20:42 UTC)
RE: Chris Serres' latest article - today - seeking input Anne Major (26 Dec 2014 17:18 UTC)

RE: Chris Serres' latest article - today - seeking input Anne Major 26 Dec 2014 17:18 UTC

I wouldn't comment on his article.

Anne Major, RN, BSN, MBA | Vice President of Home Care and Hospice
Knute Nelson Home Care and Hospice
1910 Aga Drive Suite 100| Alexandria, MN 56308
Ph: 320-759-1266 | Fax: 320-759-1275
www.knutenelson.org

Have you considered naming the Knute Nelson Foundation in your estate plans?

Confidentiality Statement

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.  Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: list-manager@list.mnhomecare.org [mailto:list-manager@list.mnhomecare.org] On Behalf Of Katherine Messerli
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 2:43 PM
To: BOD listserve
Cc: Jason Acord
Subject: Chris Serres' latest article - today - seeking input

The link below will take you to today's article. The metro version of the Star Tribune has a front page, above the fold article, titled, "Booming Business, Erratic Care." The only association -type orgs quoted are national groups and he makes broad statements that may be true in some states.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/285726871.html

I would like your input on which statements/issues to address as well as who you'd like to see MHCA collaborate with on a response. Chris makes statements about not being licensed. I guess that may technically be true since he uses a national brushstroke and not all states have licensing. But, it seems that MDH would want to respond again. I will ask LeadingAge MN but this is very home care focused so I'm not sure if they'll want to participate. If they do, I will also ask CareProviders.

I would also welcome a couple of volunteers to help me sort through the facts/mis-leading statements. Who would be a good contact for 'private pay' - the target of this article?

I received a text from a franchise owner that I had just met at an MDH meeting this week. His company (Synergy) is not named in the article. He indicated that he is planning to write the author & thought perhaps MHCA should also respond. I will assure him we are forming a plan.

I already had working on the PR plan on my to-do list for this afternoon......and will pursue. MDH threw a couple of curveballs my way this past week by giving us a short turnaround on the BOR and Dementia Training so this project was pushed back a bit.

Kathy Messerli
Sent from my iPad