ED Update and Good News Kathy Messerli (12 Feb 2021 20:02 UTC)
RE: ED Update and Good News Troumbly, Katie J (12 Feb 2021 20:05 UTC)
RE: ED Update and Good News Andrea Jung (12 Feb 2021 20:24 UTC)
Re: ED Update and Good News Goldade, Joelle - DCO (13 Feb 2021 19:26 UTC)
RE: ED Update and Good News Susan Morgan (15 Feb 2021 14:51 UTC)

RE: ED Update and Good News Susan Morgan 15 Feb 2021 14:51 UTC

From: mhcabod@list.mnhomecare.org <mhcabod@list.mnhomecare.org> On Behalf Of Goldade, Joelle - DCO
Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2021 1:26 PM
To: mhcabod@list.mnhomecare.org
Subject: Re: ED Update and Good News

Great news!!!

Joelle Goldade, RN
Director of Clinical Operations
CHI Health at Home
701-640-6209

On Feb 12, 2021, at 2:02 PM, Kathy Messerli <kmesserli@mnhomecare.org> wrote:

 USE CAUTION - EXTERNAL EMAIL
________________________________
I am going to start with the wonderful news! I am very pleased to share that I have hired a new Regulatory Affairs Manager! Brianna Lindell will be starting with MHCA March 1st . Brianna is coming to us from AccentCare Fairview where she was Compliance and Regulatory Analyst and reported to Vickie Brand. Prior to her work in compliance, Brianna was a home health aide. She also has significant volunteer experience as the MN Chapter President of the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HDSA). I am thrilled that we were able to find a candidate that has home health and hospice experience – and icing on the cake, she comes with high praise from Vickie!

Advocacy
·         MHCA’s bill, HF 331 calling for a notice regarding predatory offenders that will receive hospice care is scheduled to be heard in the Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Finance and Policy Committee next Tuesday. I will be testifying for MHCA.
·         SF 496 passed out of the Committee on Human Services Licensing Policy this week. This is a bill to extend the time frame for transitioning back to fingerprinting following the end of the peacetime public health emergency waiver to 180 days vs 60 days. DHS testified that they remain concerned that 180 days may not even be enough time due to the significant backlog. to operating without the waivers or modifications in place.
·         HF 571, which addresses health care liability immunity during the peacetime public health emergency, is raising concerns as it moves through the legislative process. We were involved in coalition discussions around this issue during the special sessions in 2020 and joined MHA, MMA, LeadingAge and CareProviders in issuing this statement in response to an inquiry from the Star Tribune.
Health care providers are already being put in an extremely difficult position by the COVID-19 pandemic.  They are providing care that Minnesotans need under less than ideal circumstances, often without adequate resources and staff. These difficult challenges will be compounded further when, in the future, they will be forced through litigation to defend their good-faith efforts to serve their communities.  The state of Minnesota should protect all health care workers from lawsuits related to COVID except in those incredibly limited circumstances where the provider’s actions were reckless or intentional.

Workforce
The University of St. Thomas’ Morrison Family College of Health will be launching a School of Nursing.  The Founding Director, Dr. Martha Scheckel reached out to me to discuss support and collaboration. She was a home health nurse prior to entering the academic world and shares that her heart is in home care!  I have sent a letter of support for their academic certification process and she is excited to join the Workforce Workgroup. She will be an excellent resource as we dive into our workforce strategic initiatives and strive to increase home care clinical opportunities.

Lastly, the MHCA office is closed Monday in observance of Presidents’ Day.

<image004.jpg>
    Stay warm!

Be Well,

Kathy Messerli
Executive Director
Minnesota Home Care Association

2550 University Ave. W.,  Ste. 350 S | St. Paul, MN 55114-1900
Direct: 651.635.0038 | Main: 651.635.0607
Toll-free: 866.607.0607 | Fax: 651.635.0043 www.mnhomecare.org<https://link.zixcentral.com/u/81ceee61/8pnPWDFu6xGVXKDbhnsoMg?u=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mnhomecare.org%2F__%3B%21%21CqLityr3mSQ%21S6kqPwmETICIqPEMlfiV0Q-KuWeEFYF2wu8YwPzx-rIJkDesj7olJ-H4_1jmHq4QoGPu7K0%24> | kmesserli@mnhomecare.org<mailto:kmesserli@mnhomecare.org>

<https://link.zixcentral.com/u/545ed70c/EMzPWDFu6xGxpqDbhnsoMg?u=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.com%2Fv3%2F__https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mnhomecare.org%2Fpage%2FDayattheCapitol__%3B%21%21CqLityr3mSQ%21S6kqPwmETICIqPEMlfiV0Q-KuWeEFYF2wu8YwPzx-rIJkDesj7olJ-H4_1jmHq4Qf8iO89k%24>
<image001.png>

Mission: MHCA represents and supports Minnesota home care providers committed to high quality home care services.
Vision: MHCA will shape the home care landscape to improve and sustain quality home care services.

Caution: This email is both proprietary and confidential, and not intended for transmission to (or receipt by) any unauthorized person(s). If you believe that you have received this email in error, do not read any attachments. Instead, kindly reply to the sender stating that you have received the message in error. Then destroy it and any attachments. Thank you.

Links contained in this email have been replaced by ZixProtect Link Protection. If you click on a link in the email above, the link will be analyzed for known threats. If a known threat is found, you will not be able to proceed to the destination.  If suspicious content is detected, you will see a warning.

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.